PASSPORT & VISA
A passport and visa are required for entering Cambodia. Passport & Visa can be obtained at Royal Embassies and Consulates of Cambodia. A visa on arrival, valid for 30 days, is possibly issued for major checkpoints including those at Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, Poi Pet, O'Smach and Cham Yeam at the Cambodia-Thailand international border checkpoint, Bavet, Kaam Samnor at the Cambodia-Vietnam international border checkpoint, and some other international checkpoints.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has launched e-visa, which enables guests to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online. Instead of applying through Cambodian Embassy, all guest need to do is to complete the online application form and pay with their credit card. After receiving their Visa through email, print out and bring it along with when traveling to Cambodia. (Note: Do not purchase e-Visas through any other unofficial websites besides that of the official Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Website.)
- Visa fee: Business visa: US$25, Tourist visa: US$20.
Meanwhile, there are nine countries being under strictly controlled before issuing Visa to enter Cambodia including Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Sudan. (If you are one of the citizens from the mentioned countries, please check carefully with your embassy and you must have your guarantor to certify your purpose of visiting Cambodia. Unless proper information is given, you would not be allowed to enter Cambodia.)
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Bavet (Svay Rieng) International Checkpoint
- Kha Orm Sam Nor (Kandal-Mekong) International Checkpoint
- Prek Chak/Lok (Kampot) International Checkpoint
- Phnom Den (Takeo) International Checkpoint
- Trapaing Sre (Kratie) International Checkpoint
- Smach (Kampong Cham) International Checkpoint
- Oyadav (Rattanakiri) International Checkpoint
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong) International Checkpoint
- Chorm (Oddar Meanchey) International Checkpoint
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey) International Checkpoint
- Prom (Pailin) Internation Checkpoint
- O' Smach (Oddar Meanchey) International Checkpoint
- Chorm Sangam (Onlong Veang) International Checkpoint
- Dong Kralo (Stung Treng) International Checkpoint
- Visa on arrival is available for all major international checkpoints.
- Two passport-size photos are needed for visa processing.
AIRPORT TAX (as of October 2008)
- International Airport Tax (Phnom Penh & Siem Reap): US$ 25.00 per person
- Domestic Airport Tax (Phnom Penh & Siem Reap): NEW Domestic Air Fare Automatically Including Airport Tax (the domestic airport tax is automatically included in the adult air fares (Y & M Class). Thus, the passengers do not need to pay no more tax at airport.)
On the plane, the passenger will be given two forms to complete:
Entry / Exit Card
This card is divided into two parts, both of which must be completed. The officer will take one half and staple the other into the passport for use when the passenger departs.
Customs Declaration Form
This card should be filled out before arrival at the airport.
In the airport, the passenger will get a visa application form.
VISA APPLICATION FORMS
The passenger hands over the completed application form together with a photo and the passport to a visa officer. Once the application is approved and passport stamped, the fee is paid. (As stated above, Visa fee: Business visa: US$25, Tourist visa: US$20.)
Application for an entry visa requires:
- A completed visa application form
- Passport valid at least further 4 months
- One recent photograph (4x6)
- Appropriate visa fee
- Supporting documents for business and official visas
At immigration, the passenger presents the passport and immigration card then proceeds to the luggage belt.
MEET & GREET
In Phnom Penh, our welcome person will greet the passenger at the luggage belt and after the luggage pick-up they will proceed together towards customs. In Siem Reap, the welcome person must wait outside the customs checkpoint.
The customs officer will check the completed customs form and the passport. Luggage is placed on an x-ray machine. After passing all luggage (including hand luggage, handbags, etc.) through the machine, the passenger will be met by our guide.